18 Sept 2026

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

On Monday afternoon we had a lot of fun ! We made pancakes ! As we didn't have a big pan, we used two rectangular cake pans! 

The participants wore hairnets so no hair would fall into the dough. The others (myself included) watched and had a laugh! I did "do a bit of work," though, since I was photographing the whole thing. Then we all ate the square pancakes which tasted delicious !

 

raw and below cooked

 

 

 

x 
 



 
x 
Solange is 99 and was proud that she still could do it ! 
   
Jacqueline had broken her glasses and needed a new frame. So, I drove her to "Pearl Vision," which is located inside the "Carrefour" supermarket. Luckily, she quickly found a nice frame and ordered new lenses, too. 

Since there’s a restaurant inside as well, we took the opportunity to have  mussels and they tasted great! They were nice and big, and by the time we finished, I only had room for an espresso. We were full !

They say Friday the 13th brings bad luck, but for me, it was Thursday! It started when I was thrown out of my bed by a phone call at 9 a.m. because furniture was being lifted up to the third floor and my car was in the way.

So I crawled out of bed, threw on a coat, and ran like a snail, I couldn't go any faster because of my COPD to my car and moved it somewhere else. Five workers watched the whole thing; I must have looked like a scarecrow.

Breathless I returned to my room, fed the opera singing cat Rosie who was angry not to get her breakfast on time and then fell on my chair to have a cup of coffee and take my medication.  

Once I could breathe normally again, I looked for my phone, and naturally, I couldn't find it. I asked a caretaker to call me, and we both listened for the ring. Nothing, no ringing sound. Fortunately, she had a device for locating smartphones. She did find one my old phone from three years ago, which I hadn't seen in ages and had thought that it had disappeared during the move !


 not so easy to find ! Was I happy, my whole life is in there !

 On Friday I didn't like our activity so I decided to go to a big store which sold nearly everything and as nothing was really for me I bought a toy for Isabel's little dog, as he always eats the toy mice of Rosie. I found a nice one but couldn't find out what it was. Finally I found on a little label :


 It's supposed to be a SKUNK !!

more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ingrid, it looks like a very nice time spent together making pancakes 🥞 😋
    And the restaurant looks like a nice place with good food.
    I am also glad your old phone has been found.
    The skunk made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pancake making sounds fun and tasty. I’m glad your phone was found. I thought the toy was a raccoon. 😀

    ReplyDelete