I am sorry but besides I am still on antibiotics, so I’ve been feeling quite tired. I’ve spent the week resting as much as possible, so there are only two events to tell you about.
On Wednesday, we celebrated all the July birthdays; since mine was among them, I naturally had to attend. Fortunately, the entertainment was lovely this time: a fun female singer performed songs from the 60s and 70s and really livened up us oldies —they were waving their hands enthusiastically and even singing along. It was truly funny. I received a very sweet card signed by the staff. Aside from that, there was a delicious birthday cake!

Jacqueline and me

The singer

On Saturday was wonderful weather and I felt much better ! Fortunately ! My son and family came back from Italy and stopped in Waterloo to visit me. They had a long way behind them, first 800 km til France where they spent the night and then 400 until Waterloo where they arrived at noon.
It was so nice to see them all ! With this nice weather I I thought it would be best for us to have a picnic in our park. My son bought ready-made cold salads that tasted excellent. We sat under our 200-year-old tree, and dog Leia was so happy to have such a huge property to run around on which is exactly what she did the whole time. We enjoyed the Oriental rice salad, and they told me about their vacation.
.jpeg)
our picnic with grandson and DIL, Son took the photo !
.jpeg)
Nonna (grandma) and Toby with Leia, after coffee, and then they left. They still had 250 km to drive !
It was a real nice day !


I am so glad you were able to have a visit from your son and his family. Toby is SO TALL! (like my grandson!)
ReplyDeleteAnd Happy Birthday to you!