11 Sept 2026

FRIDAYS FAVE FIVE

 On Saturday I really didn't feel well and I had to ask Isabel to do some shopping for me, as I didn't have any fruits anymore. But I was afraid to go outside and walk. Driving is no problem because I don't move and don't become breathless. I didn't participate in the activity, as it was light gymnastic, but I just didn't have the strength. So I sat outside, it was apparently the last warm day and scrabbled. Then we had our coffee together and shared the last gossips of the castle.

I had always thought that old people in their 90th have no more sex life but rather friendship. But one of us had the honor to suddenly find a naked man at her bedside who obviously wanted to rape her !  Unfortunately, he picked the wrong person; although she is in a wheelchair, she is still quite strong, whereas he is tall and thin, looking as though a strong gust of wind would knock him over. 

She started screaming for help, grabbed the crutch standing next to her bed, and struck him with it. Help arrived quickly, and he was led away. She filed a formal complaint, and the police came the next morning and took him away (fully dressed :)). We haven't seen him since; he is now in a specialized clinic. The man was a doctor and used to play chess with Toby (my grandson). Perhaps he just wanted to play doctor with Vivianne?  Apparently she was not the only one who he visited during night, but these poor women didn't dare to file a complaint. Sad ! Yes, it's never dull here ! 

Now the renovation of the castle have arrived here and from mornings 8 am until 4 pm there is hammering, drilling, and sawing going on, so that we all have a head like a pumpkin !

I continued my experiences with AI and it is amazing what it can do ! I found a picture I had taken in Turkey and wanted to create paintings from it, one in an Impressionist style and another in an Expressionist style. And that was the result! Amazing!

 

The original 


Impressionism 

 
 
Expressionism

The week ended cool, but we still could sit outside for our quiz. There was drilling and hammering going on inside, and everything was full of dust, so we decided to put on jackets and play on the terrace.


 

 

more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. What a week you’ve had. I’m sorry you weren’t feeling well on Saturday... I hope you’re doing a little better now.

    And that story about Vivianne…. I’m very glad she was able to defend herself and that help came quickly. It must have been frightening, especially knowing he had apparently approached other women too.

    Your AI experiments were fun to see though. It’s amazing what can be done with one photo. I hope this coming week is a much quieter one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ingrid, I am so sorry you weren't feeling good on Saturday! I wish you a speedy and thorough healing, dear friend.
    Your images are beautiful, as always, Ingrid! I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better now.
    Your AI photo work is amazing.
    Have a good weekend with fair weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the AI 'makeovers' but wouldn't hang them on my walls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't hang them on my wall either, lol

      Delete
  5. I hope you're feeling better. I don't have breathing problems. but I have heart rhythm issues that make me sometimes unable to do things. It's no fun. I'm glad Vivianne was able to defend herself. I know some men with dementia get more aggressive sexually and say and do things they never would have done in their right minds. I wonder if that is this man' situation or if he knew what he was doing. Either way, women need to be protected.

    ReplyDelete