On Monday it was so hot, that even moving the little finger was to much. I had left my two windows wide open all night to let the room cool down. In the morning, I closed them and drew the heavy curtains.
So, I spent almost the entire day sitting with the light on, sorting photos, playing around with AI, and watching TV. I didn't go to our activities because the A/C there was either set too cold, blowing freezing air right onto the back of one's neck, or the doors were all left open, including the ones leading outside, happily letting the hot air pour in. The unit is ancient, and only a few people know how to operate it.
After all, eight people had been hospitalized with pneumonia, and I’m certain that A/C was what made them sick. I did go to the restaurant for coffee, though, to catch up on the latest news. But there wasn't any, besides some of the sick people were back.
The weather cooled down and went crazy, it did exactly the opposite of what the weatherman had said ! Instead of returning to normal temperatures as forecast, it suddenly turned chilly! So, we changed our plans and played a fun letter game indoors.
These constant temperature fluctuations seem to affect people too, my neighbor who spends all day in bed yells at the staff and drinks red wine. His wife isn't any better but she doesn't yell at anyone, she makes fun of her husband and laughs loudly, which naturally makes him even angrier.
The worst part is that he refuses to be washed and smells terrible, he has already been kicked out of the dining room twice much to his wife’s delight, because the stench was so awful. I really don't know what kind of people they are; they certainly have no manners at all, but a lot of money ! They get their ration of wine delivered almost every day from a man coming from outside, and I see the results the next morning when they simply leave the empty bottles outside their door.
The man is also incontinent and refuses to wear protections, so the room and unfortunately the hallway, too stinks. I have nicknamed him "the skunk." I don't know what medical condition the two of them have, other than the fact that they are both alcoholics that's for sure and they both sit in a wheelchair !
A friend told me they order five glasses of wine in the dining room every day on top of their room delivery ! I had already informed our manager and told her everything because it’s really embarrassing for us when visitors come, and the hallway smells so bad.
The maid scheduled to clean the room today is Tunisian a tiny handsome girl, looking rather frail ! But she has character !! Where others were running away crying, she shouted at the skunk forced him to be washed by taking his bottles of wine away and telling him that he will only get them back when he is clean !
I got out of my room because the guy made such a fuss and shouted insults ! He became hysterical and wanted his bottles back ! I laughed, she had found the weak point ! She could wash him and after that she probably gave him his wine back. In his room he can do what he wants. Apparently. I think our manager must first find out what they can legally do, before taking action and changing them to another floor or kick them out. They really don't belong here ! I pity the staff who have to deal with these two ! Jeanine and I are directly concerned too, because I have my room beside them and she just opposite, so when they open their door and we too, we almost faint. I think monkeys in a zoo behave better and smell less !
We ended the week with playing "Hangman". As I was never a friend of games of any kind, I didn't know it. I have to say that now on my old days I learn playing ! "The Hangman"is a guessing game or two or more players. One player thinks of a word, phrase, or sentence



No comments:
Post a Comment