1. Let's embrace it shall we? What's something you recently forgot to do? Is your memory these days more like a sieve or an elephant?
I could use my advanced age as an excuse for having a memory like a sieve rather than one like an elephant's.But the truth is, I’ve always been this way. When it comes to things like keys, glasses, or my smartphone, my memory isn't even a sieve anymore, it’s completely gone. Yet, when it involves a doctor's appointment, the theater, or something similar, my brain acts just like an elephant's. It’s always been that way! A classic example—which Rick loves to share with anyone willing to listen (or not)—is the time we spent, nearly a whole day looking for my slippers to finally find them in the fridge !! That was probably my masterpiece.
2. Share a trick/strategy you have to help you remember things you need to remember.
A paper calendar that hung in the kitchen and the small notebook I used to lug around in my handbag. Today, my entire life is inside a Samsung smartphone
3. What's your favorite fall vegetable to cook with? Do you prefer your fall veggies roasted, blended into a warm soup, or fresh in a crisp autumn salad?
I have no fall vegetables. I have two seasons, winter and summer. In winter there you eat vegetables like Brussels sprouts, sauerkraut, chili beans, etc., while in summer you have more cold food—lots of salads and anything that keeps you feeling fresh.
4. October 5th is/was National Do Something Nice Day. Did you? If so tell us about it. Or maybe someone did something nice for you, and if that's the case please share.
I have never heard of this day. Maybe it’s because I do a good deed every day, or perhaps my memory is like a sieve has simply forgotten it. Anyway I had a cold and was laying on my sofa, suffering in silence ! Too many people did something nice for me .... they wished me to get better !
5. Nathaniel Hawthorne is credited with the quote "I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house."
Do you tend to spend more time outside this time of year?
Do you actively pause to soak in fleeting moments of beauty in your daily routine? Elaborate.
As I hate autumn in general, I don't care about sunshine or not it's too cold anyway. I only go out when I have to or if somebody forces me to walk with her because it is good for the health !





No comments:
Post a Comment