This week was a bit strange. There was something in the air that made people, usually so peaceful, suddenly moody and even aggressive. It was warm, quite humid, and windy. We were playing a game on the terrace, a quiz about world capitals. Suddenly, two men got into a heated argument about which capital belonged to which country. Things calmed down once the correct answer was given. But then, a real storm brewed between two women in wheelchairs. And something happened that had never occurred since I’ve been here! I heard shouting and then a smack, one lady had actually slapped the other on her cheek.

( I made this picture wiI made this picture with AI)
After the initial shock was off, some people started laughing, which was understandable, given that both ladies were over eighty. I was more shocked, because one of them suffered from dementia and didn't really belong in our group, while the other was usually a quiet person who had suddenly exploded ! Fortunately, the coffee arrived, and calm was restored.
Next, my neighbor,"the Skunk"had an angry outburst because he refused to let anyone wash him; then, out of spite, he peed all over the room after he had finally been cleaned up ! Poor caregivers and cleaning staff. Unfortunately, he can't move to another room yet because the renovations aren't finished. It’s particularly awkward when we have visitors and they complain about the smell in the hallway.
Today the last day of the week, I woke up in the middle of the night and I sneezed several times. I felt a cold moving in. So, I took some nasal drops and a flu pill and tried to get back to sleep. I still felt pretty bad the next morning. That’s why I don’t have much else to report; fortunately, everything is quiet and pleasant, as always.
Nadia, my Tunisian cleaning maid, brought me a bag of "karkade". It’s a red tea made from hibiscus leaves that can be drunk hot or cold. I had actually looked for *karkade* (or *bissap*) here in shops before, but I didn't find some, they hadn't the right leaves, and it had another taste. I had mentioned this to her once, and she hadn't forgotten! I thought that this was really sweet of her. She’s bringing it for me on Monday.

more participants here
Wow. That is a weird week. I hope things settle down and you feel better soon. That was super nice of Nadia to bring the "karkade."
ReplyDeleteDear Ingrid, that is an amazing picture you made with AI! Sounds like a crazy week. I hope you feel better and that everything calms down for you, dear friend.
ReplyDeleteThat stale urine smell is hard to get rid of, and it doesn't give a good impression to visitors. That was very kind of your cleaner to bring you tea.
ReplyDelete